Changing weather has an effect on your carpet.
Hence, carpet cleaning can’t be ignored.
But homeowners often feel that regular vacuuming and blotting stains are adequate to keep the carpets clean.
Guess what, that’s not true at all!
Most carpet cleaning companies ask you to get your carpets cleaned professionally at least once a year to keep your warranty valid.
Well, there’s a very good reason for that.
Let’s take a quick look
Why call professionals to clean your carpet?
Professional cleaning is a way to protect and extend the lifespan of your carpet.
Also, it helps protect your health.
Indoor air quality (IAQ) matters and is usually eight to nine times worse than outdoor air quality when you don’t clean your floors, drapes, and carpets regularly.
Millions of Americans have allergies due to the poor IAQ.
Carpet companies don’t honor the warranty unless you hire a professional carpet cleaner once a year, in a few cases, it may be once in 24 months.
So, how can professional carpet cleaning companies help?
Professional carpet cleaning companies can help in more ways than one.
Here’s what you can expect from them.
Expectations From a Pro
Steam cleaning is the best way to clean your carpets.
Most experts recommend professional cleaning more frequently – once every six months, in the interest of a dust-free home.
If you have pets, you may need to call them every six weeks.
No matter how often, experts agree that calling a pro is absolutely necessary!
Why do experts suggest steam cleaning?
Steam cleaning uses steam to clean and is also an eco-friendly and chemical free option.
Steam effectively lifts dust from deep within your carpet.
If steam is left in the carpets, it will wear down and rip the carpet fibers.
Hence, it’s imperative that this job be carried out by a pro.
Machines used by them can truly suck all the steam’s moisture from the carpet after they are done cleaning.
If not done properly, it can result in the growth of mold under the carpet. Mold growth is also the reason for impure air quality.
Why do experts say, “Vacuum once a week!”
Vacuuming isn’t the same as professional cleaning.
However, you need to do it as it is the easiest way to clean the carpets and rugs between professional steam cleaning.
Experts recommend vacuum cleaning should be done once a week so that the dust stays away from your carpet.
Ramp up the frequency in high-traffic areas or if you have pets — these spots might need daily vacuuming depending on how much debris you notice.
Also, always vacuum slowly instead of vacuuming fast.
By doing this, you allow the vacuum cleaner to vibrate the fibers and get the hold of the dust.
10 Benefits of Getting Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Extends the lifespan of a carpet. The extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
- Improves air quality as the carpet traps a lot of pollutants. Cleaning helps in removing these pollutants and maintains the IAQ.
- It’s easier to clean and maintain. When you rarely clean carpets it becomes very hard to clean as all the dirt is accumulated. Therefore, regular cleaning makes it easy.
- Removes spots and stains. Removing them promptly protects carpet from further damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
- Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpet too.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a way to survive in your carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
What’s the cost of professional carpet cleaning?
You’d be glad to know that carpet cleaning doesn’t cost much!
On an average, its cost per room is between $28 and $125.
That said, the prices can vary if the area changes.
If you want to find the cost per square foot, professionals can measure the area and give you an accurate carpet cleaning estimate.
As a rule of thumb, the square footage of your carpet is approximately 60% of the total square footage of your home.
Also read, How to Get Exact Carpet Cleaning Estimates?
Carpet Cleaning Professionals in Philadelphia
If you are looking for carpet cleaning professionals in Philadelphia, you can get in touch with Dri-Masters who have been in business since 1992.
They are a family-owned and operated company.
You can call them on 888-763-9794.