Carpets add to the aesthetic beauty of our home and make it a comfortable living space.
It is the most popular choice for most homeowners as it adds a certain element of warmth to the atmosphere.
It is vital that you maintain your carpet to prolong its life and sustain the shine.
You can follow certain homely yet effective ways to keep the carpet intact:
- Vacuuming on a regular basis – You have to clean your carpet on a regular basis, especially if you have pets and children. It will extract the dirt and dust that are on the carpet surface. Doing this will assure you greater benefit in the long run.
- Removing dirty shoes outside the carpet – Carpet fibers tend to absorb dirt, dust, which gets settled in the layer fibers. Dirty shoes carry dirt, which penetrates in the layers and wears out the carpet.
- Use doormats – Doormats are incredibly useful as they minimize the dirt that enters our house, saving the carpets from the extra dirt layer.
- Cover hallways and stairs – In the areas with extra foot traffic, use rugs or other things on top of the carpet to protect the fibers from wearing down.
DIY methods to Remove Spills from Carpets
DIY always dominates professional help. But, we should be sure to use the best technique to deal with the stain. If we don’t know the right DIY methods, we might end up spoiling it even more and cause soiling and discoloration.
- Baking soda is effective to remove fresh stains but keeping it for too long can have an adverse effect on your carpet.
- Ice cubes are sufficient when it comes to removing chewing gum from carpets. It solidifies the gum, which then can be easily removed.
- For some specific stains, dishwashing detergents also work very efficiently, nullifying the spot.
- Candle wax also helps in stain removal. Iron the candle wax, then place the same on the affected area and ironing it again will remove the stain onto it.
- Salt is an effective cleaning method for red wine stains. Small amounts of cold water on the stain will dilute it. Once the initial scraping is done, cover the entire spill with salt. Salt absorbs the spill and changes color, then the whole thing can be dusted and vacuumed.
Even though these are the best methods, be sure to know more details before applying any solution on your carpet. People of Allentown, Quakertown, and Bethlehem need to stay aware of their dusty environment and need to call a professional every six months.
How frequently do I need to wash my carpet?
Professional carpet cleaning is required at least once a year, but with areas of heavy traffic, it should be cleaned once in six months. On the offset that you have light colored carpets, get it professionally cleaned at least once in 3 months to retain its shine.
Signs that your carpets need professional cleaning
- Your carpets have tough dry stains.
- There is a pungent smell coming from your carpets.
- Your carpet has suffered water damage.
- The newness of the carpet is lost.
- Home cleaning methods are not effective.
- You are experiencing itchiness and allergies.
- Stains are reappearing after cleaning at home.
- If it has been over a year since you last got your carpets cleaned.
Professional Carpet Cleaning as Opposed to Home Cleaning
Getting your carpet cleaned by professionals once a year is a usual recommendation as professionals perform deep cleaning and their machines get deep into the strands and help in thorough cleaning.
DIY methods give you temporary solutions but not professional service.
Just give a call to Dri-Masters at 800-897-4032 or read more on carpet cleaning and start your day with a clean and healthy carpet at just $99.95 for three rooms.
Get Free Estimates before your cleaning.