Everyone does their best to keep their carpets clean now and then and you’re also no different.
But things happen!
Do you recall the unfortunate red wine spill or the time you just walked in to witness your precious pooch pooping on your expensive carpet?
Only if you knew some tricks that could get you out of this mess pronto!
So here are 7 quick and easy tips just for you directly from the carpet cleaning experts in Doylestown, PA.
7 Secret Carpet Cleaning Tips from the Experts
1. Always Blot Stains, Never Rub
One of the carpet cleaning experts advice on why blotting is the best way to clean your carpet.
- For this, you’ll need a cleaning solution and a clean cloth, paper towels or a sponge.
- The critical aspect here is blotting. Blotting places pressure on the stain to absorb some part of it.
- Rubbing causes premature breakdown of the fibers in the carpet, so, avoid that!
- Always blot the stain from the outside to inward motion, as smudging outward can spread the stain.
2. Using Club Soda Effectively
Not only can club soda quench your thirst, but it can also keep your carpets clean!
Club soda is effective against beer and wine stains. It’s true if used correctly.
- Pour some soda on a clean cloth and press the area with it.
- If that doesn’t work, mix one part vinegar with one part water and pour it into a sprayer. Sprinkle the solution on the entire stained area and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes to soak in.
- Then press a clean sponge onto the field to soak up the solution and the stain. Repeat this process to get rid of the stain.
- Once the stain is eradicated, rinse the spot with heated water. Utilize your hand to move the carpet strands in their original direction.
- Finally, lay paper towels over the area and weigh them down with something heavy, like a phone book. It will absorb the dampness from the carpet.
- Leave the sheets in place until the carpet is dry, usually about one day.Have more questions? Click here for FAQs.
3. Removing Chewed Gum
A very common occurrence is stepping on chewed gum outside and transferring it on to your carpet. Here’s what you need to do.
- To get it out, head to the freezer and grab a couple of ice cubes. Freeze the gum for about 1 minute.
- Once the gum is frozen, use a spoon to lift up the gum and cut the strands of carpet only close to the gum.
- If you cut just little strands of carpet, the cut spot won’t be very visible.
- Experts at Willow Grove, PA recommend this technique the most, as we tend to come across such situations frequently.
4. Dishwasher Detergent for Grease
Did grease accidentally spill on your carpet? This is what you should do.
- The best method against difficult-to-clean grease stains is to use a drop or two of grease-cutting dishwashing detergent in a cup of water.
- Put the solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the stain. Then smudge it. It’ll go through the grease in the carpet smoothly.
- You may need to do this many times for tougher stains.
5. Wax on Your Carpet?
Candle wax spoiling the look of your carpet? Here’s a very simple solution to remove it.
- Burning candles in the house can result in wax dripping on the carpet where it quickly dries and gets embedded.
- Heating it back up to remove it is the solution.
- Place a cloth over your iron, then place a hot iron on top of the wax. This will warm the dried wax
- Finally, scrape off the wax with a knife.
#ProTip: Don’t use the iron for more than 25 seconds or you risk burning the carpet. And always be sure to use a white cloth and white towels since colored ones can transfer the color onto the carpet.
6. Use Hydrogen Peroxide
Wondering how to get rid of blood drops on your carpet? Could be a rare instance but read on to know how you can use hydrogen peroxide effectively.
- First, soak dried blood with water mixed with a mild detergent.
- Then remove as much blood from the fiber strands as you can. To remove the remaining stains, apply hydrogen peroxide directly to the stain.
- The solution will immediately foam when it contacts the blood, so don’t be surprised. Then dab the hydrogen peroxide with towels to dry the carpet.
7. Clean Pet Accidents Organically
Those cute puppy eyes and then they stain the carpet – this is something that happens in every home while you’re house training them.
Even well-trained pets can have an accident on the carpet.
- Use organic cleaners, which costs about $10 for a spray bottle rather than using chemicals.
- Spray the cleaner on the strain.
- Some scrubbing will be necessary.
- Then wipe the stained area with a cloth or towel.
- So what did you think of these tricks from the carpet cleaning experts?
If you have some more tips and hacks to clean the carpets, leave them in the comments below!
If you’re looking for professional carpet cleaners in Doylestown, Willow Grove, and Easton, PA, get in touch with Dri-Masters. They are one of the best carpet cleaning companies you’ll ever come across.